Our Vision is a healthy, vibrant downtown, creating a great city in which to live, work, shop and play for the benefit of all residents and businesses in Blue Springs.
The mission of ‘Blue Springs Downtown Alive!’ is to engage in historic preservation, revitalization activities and education; by encouraging the cooperation of downtown merchants, property owners, residents and partners, creating a positive image of downtown, strengthening the economic base and providing design education to improve the appearance and vitality of the Downtown Area.
Blue Springs Downtown Alive! was the recipient of:
- Missouri Main Street Connection’s Services Grant, awarded July 2011
- 2013 Outstanding Affiliate Community Award, awarded by Missouri Main Street Connection
- 2014 Outstanding Public Partner Award, awarded by Missouri Main Street Connection
- 2015 Streetscape & Public Improvement Project Award by Missouri Main Street Connection
- 2016 Creating Creative Places Award
- 2017, 2018 & 2019 Designated as Associate Community
What is Missouri Main Street Connection?
- Missouri Main Street Connection is a Statewide nonprofit corporation committed to fostering new vitality in the heart of Missouri Communities, using the Main Street Four Point Approach® as developed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation;
- Helps in the revitalization of downtown communities by providing instruction, guidance, education and training in downtown revitalization (Services Grant);
- Does not rely on Federal or State funding;
- Assisted over forty communities in revitalization of their downtown areas, i.e. Lee’s Summit, Belton, Excelsior Springs, Warrensburg, and others.
Facts and Benefits of Blue Springs Downtown Alive!:
- 501 (c)(3), nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation; All donations are tax deductible
- Grass root effort to revitalize our downtown district
- 100% locally funded; Cooperative effort of entire community from local businesses to residents
- Improves and boost the City sales tax base
- Supports Buy Blue Springs – buy local initiative – promotes retail
- Our money stays in our community
- A vital downtown is beneficial to the entire community
- Efforts are being made to beautify our downtown area with planted flower pots, park benches, bike racks, Little Free Libraries, public parking, Downtown Alive banners, facade renovations and the new Gateway Arches.
- Our downtown will be a destination point for both local residents as well as visitors
- Historic preservation; Train Depot restoration
- Create events to generate awareness of our downtown area:
- Piccadilly Gala
- ‘Remnants Restored’ Public Art Project
- Farmers Market
- Community Garden
- KC Brew & Chew
- Chili Luncheon
- Car Cruise Nights
- Corks & Canvas
- Fall Fun Festival
- National Night Out Against Crime
- Trick or Treat Main Street
- Downtown Pub Crawl
- Shop Small Saturday
- Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting
- And SO MUCH MORE!